The Most Important Things That You Need to Learn Quickly
Communicating regularly with your co-workers will be one of the most important things that you do to learn quickly. Each site has 2-3 full time workers and at least one part time worker. You will need to communicate with your co-workers:
- Organizing tasks and priorities through Taskfreak
- Verbally when working together
- By note through Taskfreak when you are not working together.
- Sometimes by telephone
There are lots of occasions that require communicating with your co-workers.
- To ask your co-worker to start his/her shift early if you are very busy
- To let your co-worker know that you have left a note for Ruth that should be included in closing procedures
- To let them know that an order should be arriving soon
- To tell them that you are expecting something on the next order that is reserved for a particular customer
- To tell your co-worker that a new plant has arrived
- To let your co-worker know the sales total when you closed last night
- Just to say hi!
Use TaskFreak! And Communicate with co-workers
- There will be a task on TaskFreak for noting customer requests. This should be viewed and updated regularly.
- Notes of a longer-term nature (eg suggestions, advice, guidance, direction from supervisors, Alex, Brian & Ruth …) should be written in a "pass-on" notebook to ensure that all of your co-workers are kept informed.
- If you have a note to submit with your envelope to Ruth, leave it in the cash register so that your co-worker will see it when closing.
- If you make a mistake on the cash register, prepare a note immediately so that your co-worker will know what to expect if they are closing.
- Learn from the experience of others!
Remember – your co-workers may be very knowledgeable on plants, insects, watering, plant care, etc. ASK THEM QUESTIONS!!! He/she can be a great resource.